ASCOTT RECOGNISED AS ASIA’S LEADING SERVICED APARTMENT BRAND FOR SEVENTH CONSECUTIVE YEAR AT WORLD TRAVEL AWARDS 2022
Left to right: Nguyen Mai Huong, Residence Manager, Somerset Grand Hanoi; Mansur Ahmed, General Manager, Somerset Greenways Chennai; Graham Cooke, Founder, World Travel Awards; Tan Bee Leng, Managing Director, Brand & Marketing, The Ascott Limited; Lew Yen Ping, Regional General Manager, Ascott Vietnam, Cambodia and Myanmar; Anup Kumar, Director of Sales & Marketing, Ascott India
Singapore, 8 September 2022 - CapitaLand Investment Limited’s (CLI) wholly owned lodging business unit, The Ascott Limited (Ascott), has been awarded the top honour of ‘Leading Serviced Apartment Brand’ in Asia, at the recent World Travel Awards 2022 which was held in Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam. This marks the seventh consecutive year that Ascott has received this accolade at the World Travel Awards. Winners were voted by travel industry professionals and consumers worldwide as hallmarks of industry excellence.
Ascott clinched a total of 16 coveted titles at this year’s Asia and Oceania awards, spanning across the company’s five brands – Ascott, Citadines, Quest, Somerset, and its recently acquired Oakwood brand. In addition to the top recognition in Asia, Ascott and its portfolio of hospitality brands were also voted ‘Leading Serviced Apartment Brand’ in Hong Kong, India, Japan, Philippines, Singapore, Thailand, Vietnam and Oceania. These awards are continued strong recognition of Ascott as the best in the industry, having won the prestigious ‘World’s Leading Serviced Apartment Brand’ title at World Travel Awards 2021, where a record high of 2.3 million votes were cast in the Award’s 29-year history.
Ms Tan Bee Leng, Ascott’s Managing Director for Brand & Marketing, said: “Receiving this top honour in Asia and Oceania is testament to Ascott’s excellence in hospitality operations and our
commitment to be the top accommodation brand of choice. Ascott’s award-winning brands continue to be highly sought-after by customers and property owners. To date this year, Ascott has opened 33 properties with over 7,000 units across 23 cities and 15 countries. This is a 69% increase in units compared to the same period last year. Among the recent property openings include Ascott Embassy Sathorn Bangkok, Oakwood Premier Phnom Penh, Citadines Songjiang Shanghai, Citadines Connect City Centre Singapore, and Quest on Cambridge Terrace in Wellington.”
“With the resumption of post-pandemic international travel, we remain dedicated to delivering quality experiences and greater value for all our guests. Ascott Cares “24/7 On-Call” telehealth and travel security advisory services will continue to provide our guests with a peace of mind. Our loyalty programme – Ascott Star Rewards – is set to make their stays all the more rewarding. We look forward to welcoming more guests to experience our signature hospitality at our properties across over 200 cities worldwide.”
The full list of 16 awards won by Ascott and its properties are as follows:
· Asia's Leading Serviced Apartment Brand 2022: The Ascott Limited
· Asia's Leading New Serviced Apartments 2022: Ascott Thonglor Bangkok, Thailand
· Asia's Leading Serviced Apartments 2022: Ascott Bonifacio Global City Manila, Philippines
· Hong Kong's Leading Serviced Apartment Brand 2022: The Ascott Limited
· India's Leading Serviced Apartment Brand 2022: Somerset Serviced Residence
· India's Leading Serviced Apartments 2022: Somerset Greenways Chennai
· Japan's Leading Serviced Apartment Brand 2022: Citadines Apart'hotel
· Philippines' Leading Serviced Apartment Brand 2022: Ascott The Residence
· Philippines' Leading Serviced Apartments 2022: Ascott Makati
· Singapore's Leading Serviced Apartment Brand 2022: The Ascott Limited
· Thailand's Leading Serviced Apartment Brand 2022: Ascott The Residence
· Thailand's Leading Serviced Apartments 2022: Ascott Sathorn Bangkok
· Thailand's Leading Hotel Residences 2022: Oakwood Hotel & Residence Sri Racha
· Vietnam's Leading Serviced Apartment Brand 2022: The Ascott Limited
· Vietnam's Leading Serviced Apartments 2022: Somerset Grand Hanoi
· Oceania's Leading Serviced Apartment Brand 2022: Quest Apartment Hotels
Endless travel possibilities with Ascott Star Rewards
In March 2022, Ascott upgraded Ascott Star Rewards (ASR) to offer more rewards for members’ bookings made via its direct channels as well as expanded the programme to include more exclusive benefits. ASR members can enjoy priority check-ins, birthday discount e-vouchers and look forward to brand-specific arrival experiences and welcome amenities or signature gifts that are customised across Ascott’s suite of brands. As the Oakwood properties join the ASR network, members can access more quality accommodation options to earn points.
Stay at Ascott for a peace of mind with Ascott Cares
Guests can rest assured when staying with Ascott. Ascott is the first hospitality company in the world to offer its guests global access to a comprehensive suite of telehealth, telecounselling and travel security advisory services. In a global partnership with leading health and security services company International SOS, Ascott provides these complimentary services as part of its enhanced Ascott Cares commitment to provide stringent hygiene and safety standards, wellness support and implement sustainable practices.